What You Need to Succeed
We will help you develop a sense of form and artistry, as well as teach you how to effectively deal with the public. Be aware that this work can be arduous and physically demanding, but we are here to help and guide you the whole way.
Know that in your chosen field, you will be expected to stand for long hours, so physical stamina is important. Prolonged exposure to some chemicals may cause irritation, so be sure and wear protective clothing such as disposable gloves or aprons when necessary.
- Pre-enrollment interview
- Copy of your Driver’s License or other government-issued ID.
- Copy of your Social Security Card or immigration status, if applicable.
- Have a high school diploma, high school transcript, or GED. If presenting a high school transcript, it must clearly show the graduation date. If presenting a college transcript, it must show completion of at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Transfer Students: Copy of your high school diploma or equivalent (as described above) and your transcript of hours from transferring out institution.
- Instructor students must show a valid state license and at least one year of employment.
- Foreign Diplomas: Have evidence that verification of a foreign student’s high school diploma has been performed by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic equivalence to a high school diploma.
- Home school: Have evidence of completion of homeschooling and is approved by HSA
- Training Agreement: Meet the requirements set out in the agreement.
The Purpose of the Programs
The programs prepare students to become the creative, well-trained professionals demanded by today’s beauty industry. Programs prepare graduates for the Texas Department of License and Regulations.
Student Preparation Tips
There are a few things you may want to consider while arranging for a successful enrollment plan:
- Choose a start date that works well with your schedule and level of preparedness
- Prepare financially
- Plan for dependable transportation and childcare if applicable
- Consider employment that supports the demands of your education
We do accept transfers so long as applicants provide proof of high school diploma or equivalent, as well as transcript record from previous school. A student desiring transfer must withdraw from the first school prior to transfer. Enrollment in two or more schools of cosmetology at the same time is prohibited. A student transferring who desires to claim credit earned hours must inform the school transferred to prior to enrollment of his or her attendance and must furnish that to the school records of credit claimed. This record may be in the form of a transcript, grade sheet, skills sheet, or an extra form needed from the prior school. The student must have paid all monies due to the other school to ensure the credit hours claimed has been released with the state. A student who wishes to transfer out of this school to another school must be paid in full prior to the release of the transcript.
Students desiring reinstatement must pay all required admissions and re-enrollment fees, as well as sign a Letter of Reinstatement. Re-enrolling students will not be charged tuition for hours already earned but must pay the current hourly rate for all remaining hours.
ETC College does not discriminate against sex, race, religion, age, ethnic origin, color, or disability. In addition, we have a zero-tolerance for bullying behavior. Should you have a disability and need an academic adjustment, please send a written request to the admissions office to ensure a prompt review of your request.
Students with disabilities who wish to request reasonable accommodations must contact the ETC College office and be able to provide documentation of disability from an appropriate professional. For example, a student with a psychological disability should provide documentation from a psychologist, psychiatrist, or social worker.
The East Texas Cosmetology College provides top education to instructors and students and strives to improve each day. The school strives to offer top products and educational material.